
Brandt loves dogs. Big dogs, little dogs, black dogs, white dogs,... yes, an exerpt from "Go Dogs Go" (his favorite book) but also very true for our little man. He likes to make dog noises, roll in the grass on his back like a dog and looks for dogs at every turn. I shouldn't have been so surprised yesterday morning when, while watching Mickey Mouse, he started crying. I thought he had hurt himself, or perhaps by some random chance something on the episode scared him, but I laughed so hard when I found out what the ailment truly was. Pluto, Mickey's best dog friend, was upset because a new puppy was getting all the attention. Brandt felt so bad for Pluto that he too started to cry out of sympathy. He fell on my lap with huge tear drops saying "Poor Pluto... Mimi? Poor Pluto." Then, when Pluto was kissed by this attention stealing puppy, Brandt burst into laughter. We have my Mom's dog, Jake, on loan to us for the week... they are already best friends and I think I have a new excuse as to why we need our own dog!



No comments:
Post a Comment