Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

12/07/2008

Kitchen Conversations...

What an impact parents can make on the young hearts of our children. Earlier this week I was cooking in the kitchen while feeding Brandt his dinner. In the midst of babbling, asking for more food and of course, seeing how far he could launch his food across the kitchen I try to incorporate Bible stories and lessons. We were talking as we often do about God and other random things when I decided to venture into the realm of catechism. So, I attempted the first one: "Who made you?" What is hard for adults to sometimes comprehend, is not so hard for a nearly one year old. Of course, repetition is not comprehension, but I believe it can lead to the understanding of our Creator. After going through the question two times I asked Brandt who made him. In plain as day words he simply said: "God did!"

1 comment:

Coyne Operated said...

How precious! What a lovely foundation you are giving him. :)