For those of you who haven't visited our home ... we are about 1.5 miles west of US1 which is just west of the ocean by oh, say 1/4 of a mile. Typically, you don't even know you live near the ocean unless you drive by it and check out the waves. Early this morning Rick came in from his 20 mile cycle and told me to step out front (in nightgown and all) to just listen. I thought he would mention the rednecks that live 8 houses down who love to park it in the front yard. But, thankfully, I was wrong although I felt like a redneck outside at 7am in my nightgown.
Instead what I heard were waves... 12 foot waves which I could hear in my front yard. This week we've had a huge noreaster so the wind was howling from off the ocean. I was so excited. Never in all my 31 years of living in this 1/4 mile radius, had I EVER heard that melodious sound from my house. Of course, the waves died down as the day grew later and the moment was fleeting, but that sound mixed w/ a strong cup of coffee is the best morning in many many years!
4/18/2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
*sigh* This makes my heart long for home!!!
*sigh* This makes my heart long for home!!!
Post a Comment